Monday, March 01, 2004

There's something so beautiful and innocent about Sophia Coppola. I'm glad she won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. The Oscars this year went almost exactly as I would have wanted it, but I have to say, having heard such great things about Mystic River, I really think it's a travisty that it was released the same year as Lord of the Rings.

And I still think Kill Bill had the best cinematography I've seen in the past few years. Other than that and the fact that Bill Murray and Johnny Depp were beaten by Sean Penn, things went perfectly. Even in that, Sean Penn had never won before; I think he should have won for Dead Man Walking, so it was fitting. And I'm sure he was great. But Pirates of the Carribean was so fun!!

Oh well. My E! True Hollywood story will definitely include last night's Oscars. "As I was sitting on the floor indian-style with the TV on and my sketchbook in front of me, I was astonished, relieved, and ultimately captivated by the grandeur of Lord of the Rings. It rightfully won so many awards, and the director was so happy..."

I promise to thank Peter Jackson in my speech, and all the hobbits of Middle Earth. Sean Astin, you were robbed this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home