Saturday, October 15, 2005

Listening to: Jamie Cullum - High and Dry
Mood: two jumps in a week


Last weekend, I woke up and realized that on my next birthday, I will be 23 years old. This has been one of the most productive weeks of my life.

I'm tired of not being good with money, of being a procrastinator, of not investing time into reaching goals. I started and finished my application to ASU this week, including all supplemental paperwork to prove residency, transcripts, etc.

I also worked 58 hours this week because my boss wouldn't let me work more than that. It feels good to work, actually. Not that work is fun, nor should it be. I am just beginning to think that procrastination and laziness are the cause of at least some depression, at least for me, and since that hasn't been me this week, I'm feeling pretty great.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I'm going back to business school. You know my thoughts on film school, not that I don't adore film, and not that I don't intend on writing something someday, but A) it's a waste of time with very few helpful people, and B) I'm pretty close to finishing my business degree anyway.

I want to do both, see. Who says you can't do 100 things with your life instead of just one? Condensing my interest into just one thing scares me, and I think it's unnatural. People always wait until some big feeling washes over them to "know" exactly what it is he or she is supposed to be or do, but I think in all practicality, you will do many things in your lifetime. One thing I will do is try to make some sort of substantial difference that will be beneficial to society. I hear about circumstances that people are in in other countries, and I can't help but think that my goal to become strictly a screenwriter is somewhere between shortsighted and downright selfish.

So my new goal is to get an MBA in nonprofit organization and strategy, and it's actually not a new idea of mine, but this is the first time I've actively pursued it.

Active pursuit feels great.

Oh, and here's a random, slightly scary picture of Joel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home