Monday, April 07, 2003

"I can't wait for the day that I'm walking around grounds, and all of a sudden a whole crowd of people around me just breaks out in song and dance like in the movies. My only hope is that I too suddenly have the knowledge of the choreography for the song, so that I may also join in the banter and the joyful glee..."

This is from Smitty. I have to say Smitty, that's the funniest thing I've read all week, and you have some pretty stiff competition from fallonfey.com and homestar of course. Anyway, you guys should really check out his site to the left.

Right now I'm at the library (as usual) and I'm supposed to be typing up an annotated bibliography for my last paper in English. We are supposed to come up with something controversial and write a persuasive essay on it. My topic is creationism in the classroom. I guess one of the main focuses is how evolution is not really science and how the history of science shows that human theories cannot usually be trusted (e.g. spontaneous generation, the earth being the center of the universe, the earth being flat). What makes people think that the "science" we have today is correct? Somehow, it's become more sophisticated or more precise through human efforts? I don't think so.

I'm sure you care about all that :)

I'm moving tomorrow, which means I have to bag things up today and get them ready for moving. It works out great because tomorrow is my day off and I don't really have to study for anything because my next test is not until the end of the month. I can't wait to move into my new place... And when I get a job, I'll get a digital camera and post some pics; I intend on making this place awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home