Thursday, April 14, 2005

"As a one-time card-carrying member of the Culture of Death, I've had no little experience with the bile and the acid that is used to burn out the soul and replace it with the dead-end secular totems of possessions, fashion, sexuality, and the self-uber-alles. I've used selfishness to "enhance" my own life and I've had "selfishness" used on me in turn to enhance the lives of others. Commitment and duty have no place in this philosophy -- everything is reduced to "lifestyle" choices in which, since people are only things, they can easily be replaced by other things, other people."

This is a cutting, but strangely refreshing piece.

I found it on a random blog that had a link to the essay. Here's the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home