Friday, July 22, 2005

Donald Welborn died in a plane crash Wednesday.

(At first, my hands capitalized every word in that sentence.)

I don't think I've ever met a man that drew in a group of people like he did. Just with a few words. Everything (everything) he did was for the Lord. I remember when he visited Carrollwood for the first time and everyone seemed to flock to bible study afterwards to hear his words. Then we would meet every single day. And they weren't high school, feel-good studies (which have their place I think), they were amazingly deep, convicting messages during which no one blinked (or I didn't at least).

He was so energetic and always smiled. An amazing life and testimony. I feel like in some sense it's only appropriate that he didn't die of old age, having never seemed aged.

Eighty years of fervent striving. Well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home