Tuesday, July 08, 2003

I bought another book last night. I've heard "A Tale of Two Cities" is good, although I've never heard anyone tell me exactly what it's about, until last night. The usual life, love, and loss, but with the perspective of one of the most brilliant authors ever, Charles Dickens.

I think it's so amazing and confusing how humans are made in the image of God. We're his masterpiece, the crowning achievment. We're fearfully and wonderfully made. It's no wonder that even totally depraved man wonders about life, what's in him. I wonder what God thinks as he sees his creation live the life that He has set before them. What his thoughts are when He sees one of us having thoughts on something, especially love. Humans have always wondered about spiritual things, and praise the Lord that when He sought me, I found him.

But I wonder, does He sigh when we're amazed? Does He long to tell us exactly what He is and how this beautiful mess was actually His idea? Does He hurt when we hurt? Who are we that He should be mindful of us? These things I can't understand. But I know He gave me a chance to do things here for Him.

I should feel so lucky that the God of the universe had planned, from the beginning, that I would be part of His plan, part of His story.

Instead of recoiling in my fear and pride, I should do what I'm here to do, nothing less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home