Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I hate when people tell me what is wrong with me in an unloving way.

I mean if you think I have a problem with self-righteousness say so. And if you think I'm unloving say so. But don't pair that with telling me that since I'm so self-centered or unloving you are going to stop talking to me. That's just not Christ-like.

She knows how to push my buttons. She led me to Christ 4 years ago, and has been my most controversial sibling in Christ. Ever. And now she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore (Again!). She says we are in "two different places right now" so that merits a complete separation for life from each other.

To be honest, maybe I am better off. Maybe it's better that she made this decision instead of me struggling to be her friend for the years to come.

Maybe I am self-centered/self-righteous/unloving. Maybe I'm a sinner. Maybe we are all a little of all of the above. I won't use that as an excuse, but at this point, I can still chalk it up to immaturity, both in my life and in my walk. I'm still walking though, and I'm really trying. The last thing I want to do is hurt her, but I can't talk to her anymore.

Well, she said she would pray for me, and Lord-willing in her prayers maybe she will realize her harshness and coldness over the past 7 years of friendship (she treated me like this even before I was saved) and stop her facade of "perfect holiness".

Oh and I even thanked her for the admonishment at the end of the argument, and she thought I was being sarcastic, even though I said I wasn't. I wonder how much of this was due to the fact that you can't tell someone's tone over instant messages.

Oh well, such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home