Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Last night as we were driving home, I saw sirens on the side of this major highway. Naturally, every car in front of us slowed down to see what was going on, and since we were going so very slow, I decided to check it out too (plus I was in the passenger seat and it happened on my side). My window was down, and we were in the lane closest to the accident. Amidst all the confusion with officers and broken cars, crying and frantic people, there was a man awkwardly laying in the road unmoved. His legs were together and unnaturally turned opposite his torso. There was no blood; he almost looked as if he were sleeping. I won't say anything trite now, nothing about how precious life is (though it is), nothing about how it was a wake up call to me (thought it was), nothing at all. But it makes you think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home