Thursday, July 24, 2003

I called NYU today. That was kind of weird, seeing as how I put that whole chapter to rest two years ago.

I really think this is an excellent pursuit. I know that declining acceptance is my biggest regret so far in life, and if I had another opportunity, I'd go in a flash. So I called and the guy said I had a good chance of getting accepted again. Actually, he said they probably even still have my old file, with my portfolio/essays/letters of recommendation, etc. That's such good news seeing as how they will be including that stuff (apparently) in my next review come December when I apply again. He also said that they'd probably be interested in seeing why I decided to stay here and do something that is completely contrary to the aspirations I had with New York, and why I have some not-so-good grades. I guess it's not that great that I have to apply as a transfer student, transferring some of my mediocre grades to their school, but hey, as long as I'm accepted, I don't care what they transfer. He said it wasn't that bad since the grades I got were in classes dealing with a totally different realm of study.

Jen, I need you to proofread this essay I wrote explaining to them why I didnt go two years ago. It's rather long, not too too bad though. So if you're up to it, let me know. And if it is possible to get letters of recommendation from friends (probably not), would you give me one??? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home