Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Recommended song of the day: "Fool On the Hill/Nature Boy" & "Come Live Your Life With Me" by Peter Cincotti. The first one is better though.

It's Tuesday, and I have nothing to do. Maybe I should go fill out some more useless job applications, or maybe I won't.

Oh and about my previous post: It's not about anyone and it's something that I think I should have not said. It became a statement more of a hypothetical sense than reality. I really don't think that I've met the person I'm going to marry yet, which is kind of exciting. I can't wait to see her for the first time.

I read two short stories by Poe last night, both being disturbing and one being kind of confusing.

The first one was called "The Oval Painting" or maybe it said picture and not painting... Anyway, it was about this painting that the subject finds and when he reads about it, he discovers that the woman in the picture was dead when she was painted by her husband who loved painting more than he loved her.

The other one was called "A Predicament"... Very strange. It was about this woman who was obviously psycho and had a 5 inch poodle that she walked and a 3 foot "nigger" (sorry, that's what the story said). It was quite plain that neither existed and the woman was just crazy. Anyhow, she went up to the inside of this clock and stuck her head out of the "keyhole" in the face. She was just looking around at the town when the minute hand came down and pinned her neck, and she couldn't get her head back out. It kept going and going and she called for her nigger and her dog, but the nigger was mad at her for calling him names, and the dog was in the corner as the lady told her. Her eyes popped out one by one and eventually her head fell off, but she was still alive somehow. She said that she wouldn't miss the head much because it caused her much embarassment and confusion. I guess it was at that point that I realized the whole thing was pretty sad because the lady knew she was crazy, unless I'm misinterpretting the story.

So anyway, that was the highlight of my day yesterday.

Oh, and I also went sailing yesterday, kind of fun, kind of overrated, but I'm glad I went anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home