Sunday, May 23, 2004

I talked to my dad last week for the first time since January. He sounded so tired. I'm not quite sure how many medications he is on now, but I know Lithium is supposed to be pretty strong; he's taking that for manic depression which is hereditary. Surprise surprise, right? Pray for us.

It's so funny how quickly someone can change from "I'll cry when you leave," to obvious apathy towards me as a person. Maybe the prospect of me leaving added intrigue to my character, but I guess all that's gone now that my determination of life's direction is constrained to a scope of about 24 hours. I guess at some point it will all become a little clearer to me; I hope it will.

The library is closed, so I'm just going to paste this passage right now with no comments.

"16 Nations will see and be ashamed,
deprived of all their power.
They will lay their hands on their mouths
and their ears will become deaf.
17 They will lick dust like a snake,
like creatures that crawl on the ground.
They will come trembling out of their dens;
they will turn in fear to the LORD our God
and will be afraid of you.
18 Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
20 You will be true to Jacob,
and show mercy to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our fathers
in days long ago. "

Micah 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home